Monday, October 12, 2009

Artwork from North Dakota Artist Anna Jacobson



Anna Jacobson is another North Dakota artist who has donated a few pieces of her work for the benefit. Anna is currently working on a MFA degree through the University of North Dakota. Raised on a farm in northern North Dakota, rural life and the landscape are central to her work across mediums. Here Anna has offered 3 prints. The first, listed as an artist proof (AP) and is roughly 25 x 12.5. The second, Magnificent Katie is 5.5 x 8 and is numbered 6 of 6. The third print, titled "Home on the Plains," is 20 x 15.5 and is numbered at 2/8.

Anna's artist statement: " Being from the flat plains of rural North Dakota, I have learned the value of the simple beauty. My work is not filled with complex details. I focus on the textures and line of the landscape around me. I grew up on a small family-owned organic farm. The family farm lifestyle and the fundamentals of organic farming have been ingrained in me by parents and are thus the basis of my work. Organic farming is a process that works with nature’s cycles. It is a holistic management of the land, which ideally ensures that the land and the animals on that land can support each other for generations. The family farm is where I learned the value of nature – from the biology lessons with animals to studying astronomy by watching the constellations in the star-scattered sky. Growing up in such an unconventional lifestyle found its voice in the imagery and process of my work."

No comments:

Post a Comment