Thursday, October 1, 2009

Monuments- Photography by Nancy Boe











This is a set of four photographs that I took several years ago in an old cemetary in Winnepeg. As I was walking through this beautiful place, I was struck not only by the strong presence of God in that place, but also how very ironic our temporary monuments to the Eternal were, and how imcomplete our understanding is. This verse from 1 Cor. fluttered through my head that day and continues to be connected to these photos for me.
For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face, now I know if part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known. 1 Cor 13.12
I carried that feeling home with me and altered the photographs I had taken that day in an attempt to visually portray that combination of knowing and not knowing, temporary but eternal.
These images will be sold as a set. The framed size of each image is 8x10" and is matted with a dark brown mat that matched the warm brown tones of the photo. The verse is framed in a 5x7" frame and is not matted.
There is a $50.00 on this set of framed photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment